Almost every state has at least one Christian college, and most have many. Online access lets students select an educational institution that supports Christian principles. Christian colleges on the U.S. News and World Report list, Forbes and others meet these qualifying criteria:
• influence of Christian principles on the institution
• academic reputation
• quality of online education
Choosing a Christian College
At Christian colleges, Christian principles are demonstrated in courses in religious thought and in others that prepare students to meet the challenges of a secular work environment. These Christian colleges have accreditation and are worthy of consideration by prospective students who are interested in studying online:
• Regent University offers three levels of degrees in addition to associate’s and certifications. With more than 50 tracks to a degree, the university features business, communication, divinity, government, education and counseling. Founded by Pat Robertson, the school is popular in the religious community.
• Colorado Christian University uses an online platform where students submit assignments during courses that last up to 10 weeks. Online presentations by instructors are available at any time that students log in, and participation in group discussion is encouraged. Degrees are offered at the bachelor’s and master’s level in addition to the associate’s level and certificate programs.
• Liberty University offers degrees at the associate level in addition to many at the doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s level. With more than 45 programs available online, students have an opportunity to study courses of their choice. Credits are sometimes given to students for life experiences as well as for professional training.
• St. Leo University has won recognition as an outstanding regional university by U.S. News & World Report. Working adults and military personnel find the convenience of online learning a feasible way to acquire an A.A., B.A. or M.A. degree.
• Abilene Christian University is a well known Christian school in operation since 1914 as a private institution. Master’s degrees are offered in distance learning courses, and graduate degrees are available in popular fields that include conflict resolution, human resources, education and higher education.
• Benedictine University honors its religious founding by providing accredited education leading to associate degrees and graduate certificates as well as bachelor’s and master’s degrees.
• George Fox University offers a bachelor’s degree in management online as well as seminary, business and education degrees at the bachelor’s and master’s level.
• Northwest Christian University offers students online bachelor’s degrees in business, accounting and psychology, and credits toward degrees are available for prior learning experience.
• LeTourneau University emphasizes the religious aspect of preparing students for gainful occupations, and the employment rate for graduates is 94 percent. With nearly 40 degree tracks offered at the school, students may choose from a variety of programs. The bachelor’s degree in business and the master’s in psychology are favorites of many students.
Thriving in a Christian College
Christian colleges offer courses in the arts and sciences that range from communication to psychology, incorporating concepts in an interfaith environment that respects all views. Students interact with each other through group discussions that promote communication on issues that are a vital part of a Christian education. With access to an online Christian education readily available, students can find a school that helps them meet their educational and professional goals.